It's February... so here is an update.

 It was cold here in Maine this last weekend.  Temps down to negative 16 around the house, and windchills into the minus 50s.  The water pipe feeding the house froze in the middle of the night, woke Saturday at 3am to no water.  I dug out the ice from in front of the access. and started running my space heater under the house.   when there was enough light to work, I moved to the other side of the house to get closer to the problem area.  once I thawed out the plumbing, the water meter started spraying out everywhere.  It had cracked from ice.  I crawled thru the rapidly growing puddle and shut off the valve.  My coverall was frozen stiff by the time I got back inside the house... I'm sure there were dozens if not hundreds of similar stories all over the region, BUT, no lie.... On a Saturday morning, Maine Water in Bucksport was there to replace my meter in less than an hour after my call.  Hot Showers for Everyone!


...But back to the boat.   After my install and test of a fantastic Dickinson Diesel Heater, I still needed to install the flue pipe properly into the deck and a day tank to supply fuel to the furnace.


The flue strait up thru the deck.

I whittled this into a rough shape out of an entire tree using my dull pocket knife.

I poked a hole in this and had some left over icing from making gingerbread houses for Christmas.

Almost as if I knew what I was doing.

I found a 1.6 gallon tank on Amazon that was square and would have fit in the corner of this cubby.... But it was ugly, so my wife made me by this 3 gallon tank instead.

Everything works, I live up here now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy cold weekends are always a setback. 60 hour workweeks don't leave much time for catch-up.

19 February 2023, Some Progress and a Flashback